It’s not hard to find people who are ignorant about other people’s beliefs. All you have to do is watch man-in-the street interviews. A good portion of the population is ignorant about a whole range of topics. Even students at some very prestigious universities are more familiar with the latest Taylor Swift event and love interest than with what’s happening with Ukraine, the Bidens, the plummeting economy, ESG (Environmental, Social, and Corporate Governance), Klaus Martin Schwab the founder of the World Economic Forum (WEF) and his right-hand man Yuval Noah Harari, transhumanism, and so much more. It’s even more true with the general population. Most people are in the dark.
Against All Opposition
The starting point is the God of the Bible. The Bible begins with this foundational presupposition: “In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth” (Gen. 1:1). Against All Opposition lays out the definitive apologetic model to help believers understand the biblical method of defending the Christian faith.Buy Now
It shouldn’t surprise us that Leftists don’t have an accurate picture of what conservatives are generally all about. Then again, maybe they do and that’s why they are against conservative principles. The following is from Christopher Cook at Western Free Press.
Are you a conservative, a libertarian, or a Republican? Have you ever been verbally assaulted by someone on the political left with a ferocity you didn’t quite understand? Have you seen it happen to friends and colleagues, or watched in horror as the media establishment does it to a public figure?
We all have. I find it exhilarating and challenging. Such attacks give me a chance to engage with the misinformation and bring some clarity to issues. But there are people in the Leftist camp that are so blinded by their own prejudices that they can’t see any view but their own and refuse to be taught otherwise.
Cook mentions a Facebook exchange:
Republicans hate anything that isn’t white, wealthy, and Christian at least in appearance. They hate the poor, women, and minorities. They hate science and don’t believe that the global warming we clearly are experiencing is man-made.
They hate any government programs that help the poor and minorities, and the particularly despise immigrants, particularly the illegal kind. They love programs that line the pockets of oil companies, mining companies, and are willing to export jobs with wild abandon.
They hate public education, and they despise public schools and the public school teachers and public university professors. And since they do not respect the market place of ideas, they hate tenure (that gives teachers academic freedom) because it prevents them from firing teachers who are Democrats and who might infect some student with their liberal ideas.
They want insurance companies to make a maximum of profit, and are perfectly willing for the health insurance companies to kill people by refusing service to anyone that might cost them a buck more than the median expense. They don’t care about clean food because it might cost the food corporation a little money, and they don’t care about clean water because cleaning up the waste will cost their precious corporate persons a little money.
Any conservative reading the above characterization would be fuming after reading it. I would love to answer each of the charges, but it would take a book to do so. In fact, books have been written debunking these caricatures of conservatives, but the false narrative continues.
Let me quickly give a series of snapshot responses:
- Conservatives hate it when liberals use the poor, women, and minorities as political pawns to further the expansion of the State and to keep the underclasses under and dependent on government. Consider the failure rate of Baltimore public schools when it comes to math. “New state test scores reportedly show that 40% of Baltimore City’s public high schools did not have one student test proficient in math, with a staggering three-quarters earning the lowest possible score. At 13 of the school district’s 32 public high schools, 1,295 students of the 1,736 who took the exams scored a 1 out of 4, meaning they were nowhere close to proficiency.” Leftists claim that only they love and care for the poor. “By lowering expectations, thus creating an environment in which students don’t give a damn about math, or any other class, because the very teachers tasked with educating them don’t give a damn, either. And neither do school administrators, the Baltimore School Board, or the Democrat-run city government.” (Source) New lesson guides for schools “strike the word ‘mother’ from discussions about reproduction, referring to them as a ‘gestational parent,’ ‘birth parent,’ ‘egg producer’ or ‘carrier.’… Instead of saying, ‘when the mom gives birth,’ the terms should be ‘when the baby exits the womb.’” (Source)
Read what’s going on in California. It’s the test ground for schools nationwide.
- Conservatives love science, that’s why they question the man-made global warming thesis, the claim that women can be men and men women, that there are 100+ genders, that unborn babies are just a mass of cells like a tumor, and that we have evolved from a warm pond of chemicals over millions of years. “Gov. Gavin Newsom (D) dismissed parents’ concerns … about California’s policies that prevent schools from notifying parents when their children indicate a desire to change their gender.” (Source)
- Conservatives love immigrants because most of us are descendants of immigrants who followed the rules and came here legally.
- Conservatives oppose illegal immigration because they understand that many liberals want to use the free flow of the foreign-born to grow an already bankrupt welfare State to empower the Democrat Party.
- True conservatives despise corporate welfare or what is often called “crony capitalism,” because it has nothing to do with capitalism
- Oil company profits are paid out to millions of stockholders, many of whom depend on the dividends for retirement. Oil company profits go to research and development that has made the United States a net exporter of oil and nearly independent of foreign oil. This changed under the Biden administration. It seems Leftists are ignorant of the fact that oil is used in more things than gasoline, and those uses have made our lives much better. Even electrical vehicles drive on roads that use tires and drive on roads made from petroleum. The equipment used to mine the materials to make batteries for EVs are fueled with gasoline and diesel made from petroleum.
- Companies would not “export jobs” if the corporate tax rate and excessive regulations weren’t debilitating, thus, making it difficult for American companies to compete with foreign companies.
- Conservatives who choose to send their children to public schools hate and despise much of what is taught and what is not taught.
- Conservatives do respect the “marketplace of ideas.” That’s why they are often critical of university professors who use tenure to exclude academic competition by a rehearsal of alternative positions and facts.
- Insurance companies are generally despised. But we should remember that insurance companies are tightly regulated by government. Our government has often curtailed interstate competition among insurance companies.
- It’s absurd that Conservatives “don’t care about clean food” or “clean water because cleaning up the waste will cost their precious corporate persons a little money.” Conservatives also drink water and eat food. “The Democrat mayor of Phoenix, Arizona, Kate Gallego, has taken steps toward enforcing the globalist agenda of the World Economic Forum (WEF) by moving to ban meat and dairy consumption and private car ownership in an effort to meet the radical claim goals of the green agenda.” (Source)
Cook offers a helpful evaluation of the pathology of liberalism:
This is not a recitation of facts; it is a series of smears. It is the construction of a giant cartoonish super-villain, made of straw and woven together with calumny. The giant straw villain is then publicly burned, in a narcissistic orgy of self-adulation. Of course, the torches of the ‘best’ people burn the brightest.
Another way of looking at it is this: It is the modern-day version of a witch trial. The charges are utterly farcical and cartoonish. “I saw her dancing with demons in the pale moonlight.” “She looked at me and I sneezed, and the next day, I had a terrible cold.” “She turned me into a newt.” But they are stated with great conviction and repeated incessantly, and they establish the unassailable collective will of which the accused has run afoul. The witch is made into the auslander [“Ausländer is a German word meaning foreigner or alien, considered by some to be pejorative, especially when referring to naturalized immigrants”] and the good people of the community show how “good” they are by shouting their accusations the loudest.
Liberal pathology is a growing and infectious malady that facts alone cannot fix. Consider that Astrophysicist Neil deGrasse Tyson supports “gender ideology concepts, including that biological males who identify as transgender should be able to compete in women’s sports in some circumstances.” Tyson stated the following on TikTok:
The XX, XY chromosomes are insufficient because when we wake up in the morning, we exaggerate whatever feature we want to portray the gender of our choice. Suppose no matter my chromosomes today I feel 80% female, 20% male. Now I’m going to put on makeup. Tomorrow, I might feel 80% male; I’ll remove the makeup, and I’ll wear a muscle shirt… What business is it of yours to require that I fulfill your inability to think of gender on a spectrum?
Science is not about feelings. A person’s sex does not change each day. The fact is, Tyson and other Leftists want to force people to comply with how people feel about themselves. They want laws to punish people who “misgender” someone. Tyson and others can believe what they want, but don’t tell me that I must go along with the fantasies of other people and comply with their insane beliefs. This is what separates Conservatives from Leftists.
Thinking Straight in a Crooked World
The nursery rhyme "There Was a Crooked Man" is an appropriate description of how sin affects us and our world. We live in a crooked world of ideas evaluated by crooked people. Left to our crooked nature, we can never fully understand what God has planned for us and His world. God has not left us without a corrective solution. He has given us a reliable reference point in the Bible so we can identify the crookedness and straighten it.Buy Now