Modern-day prophecy writers who rightfully debunk Harold Camping’s prediction that the “rapture” will take place on May 21, 2011, and the Maya Calendar prophecy that the world will be destroyed in 2012 have their own prediction problems.
How many of you remember a famous Christian prophecy writer who sold millions of books claiming that prophetic time was about to run out for his “terminal generation” in 1988? Israel had become a nation again in 1948. Within a generation—40 years from that date—we were all going to be “raptured” to heaven!
As you know—at least I hope you know—it didn’t happen.
It’s easy for Christian prophecy writers to take pot shots at New Age eccentrics, advocates of the end of the world in 2012, secular prognosticators, and environmental doomsayers, but there aren’t many who are willing to evaluate the evangelical prediction market, and it’s a big market. They have their own prediction problems, and they need to be held accountable.
The credibility of the Bible and the gospel message are at stake.
If so much of modern-day prophecy speculation is wrong, then what’s right? American Vision’s 2011 National Prophecy Conference will not only deal with the craziness of modern-day prophetic speculation, it will systematically outline a well thought out biblical alternative. Here are some of the topics:
* The Prophetic Paradigm Shift: Is the World a “Sinking Titanic”?
* Will the Real Antichrist Please Stand Up?
* Double Fulfillment—Double Crossed
* The Eschatology of the Parables
* The Gog/Magog Prophecy of Ezekiel 38 and 39: Is Russia an End-Time Player?
* Zechariah 14: Future or Fulfilled?
* Using the Olivet Discourse to Learn How to Interpret Bible Prophecy
* Is the Modern State of Israel a Sign that the “Rapture” is at Hand?
* The “Church-Israel” Distinction: A Creation of a Bad Translation and Bad Theology
* Why There’s No Such Thing as “Replacement Theology”
* From Glory to Glory: The Eschatological Structure of Biblical History
* When Was the Book of Revelation Written, and Why Does it Matter?
* External Evidence for an Early Date of Revelation: Ten Early Date Traditions in Ancient Christianity
* The Overwhelming Presence of Nero in the Earliest Apocalypse Commentaries
* What does Paul Mean by “all Israel will be saved”?
* Does the Bible Require that the Temple must be Rebuilt?
* War of Birth Rates is a War of Eschatologies: Lessons from History and the Modern World
* And much, much more . . . .
American Vision has invited speakers from other prophetic views to present their case and participate in a series of open forums. This is almost never done at prophecy conferences. In fact, it is NEVER done.
Lodging, meals, sessions, bookstore and sponsoring vendors will all be conveniently located on the same tranquil 1,300-acre campus of Lifeway Ridgecrest Conference Center, nestled in the smoky mist of the Blue Ridge Mountains.
Just minutes away, you’ll find the Asheville airport, the imposing Biltmore Estate, Chimney Rock and dozens of other scenic opportunities the whole family will enjoy.
On campus, you’ll find natural stone buildings and thick mountain laurel creating a restful charm. The entire family can enjoy a variety of recreational activities: tennis, volleyball, mini golf, basketball and hiking trails.
The on-site cafeteria boasts multiple serving lines to provide meals quickly and efficiently while large round tables encourage dining fellowship.
Quality rooms provide comfortable hotel accommodations and amenities as well as complimentary Wi-Fi throughout, all within walking distance of the conference activities.
We’re working on a schedule that will allow time for recreation, rest, fellowship and fun.
If you’ve ever been to one of our events, you’ll recall the throngs of like-minded brethren gathering together for fellowship and informative sessions.
Many tell us that American Vision conferences have changed their thinking drastically — even turned their entire life right side up!
You won’t want to miss out – save the date for June 1-4, 2011, and bring your family to enjoy a spiritual and practical advance at a restful, relaxing retreat!