2169 Greenville Rd.
La Grange, Georgia 30241
Saturday June 21st at 7:00 PM.
Dr. Gary DeMar will be joining Dr. Jeffrey Seif for a Gentleman’s Debate at The Life of Christ the Redeemer Church in La Grange, Georgia, Saturday, June 21st at 7:00 PM.
Objective: Introduce the West Georgia region to the differing views of eschatology, prophecy, and corresponding hermeneutics—especially concerning the prophetic significance of modern Israel.
The following is a brief outline of the night’s agenda:
- Each speaker will give a brief 3–4 minute introduction to their respective ministries.
- Seven minutes will be allotted to Dr. DeMar and Dr. Seif to explain their eschatological positions and why they feel they are important.
- Fifteen minutes will be allotted for each speaker to address Romans 11 regarding Israel (fulfilled or future).
- Ten minutes to answer, “What does Paul mean by ‘in this way all Israel will be saved?’” (Rom. 11:26).
- At the end of the presentations, thirty to forty-five minutes will be allotted for cross-examination and rebuttals. Each speaker will be allowed to ask pertinent questions to the other speaker.
- Ten minutes will be allotted for open questions from the audience for spontaneous response.
- We anticipate a two-hour duration for this event.
Here are some of the questions the debate will address:
- Was the re-establishment of Israel as a nation in 1948 prophetically significant? Why or why not?
- Are there Old and New Testament prophecies that speak to the existence of modern Israel today?
- Is there a Church-Israel distinction?
- Did the Church replace Israel?
- What is the significance for Natural Israel of the destruction of Jerusalem that took place in AD 70?
- What is the present standing of unconverted ethnic Jews regarding the covenant and their salvation?
- Is there still yet to come a “Revival” among national Israel, and if so, will it be through the gospel before Christ returns or will it be at the appearing of Christ’s physical return? What will be the impact on the nations?
Be sure to join us for an engaging and spirited discussion and debate!